Old October 15th 03, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Snelling Paul Snelling is offline

Default Why the piccadilly to Heathrow , why not the District?

"Boltar" wrote in message
m...
Something I was wondering the other day , when the extension to Heathrow
airport was built why didn't they re-extend the district line to Hounslow
and beyond and divert the piccadilly to ealing? Why? Because district

trains
are much bigger and so they would have been much more room for passengers
and their luggage rather than the pokey little tube trains on the picc.

Was there a good reason for not doing this given the benefits it would

have
entailed for passengers with luggage?

B2003

There was some discussion by LUL about extending the District Line to
rayners and Uxbridge, leaving the Picc Line to run the Ealing Bdy and
heathrow lines. I dont know what became of this idea!
But then it is LUL!!