Old January 12th 07, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Christian Hansen Christian Hansen is offline

Default Oystercard vending machines

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 13:21:37 +0000, Dave A wrote:

Christian Hansen wrote:
On 4 Jan 2007 18:15:45 -0800, "Neil Williams" wrote:

Matthew wrote:

Oystercard card vending machines have been installed at several
stations (I have seen them at Liverpool Street and Euston). They are
cash only and sell an oystercard for £3 that then needs credit loading
at a ticket machine.
Superb, about time.

Do you know if you can also cash them in for a refund of the 3 quid? I
hope so. If so I don't think it would be unreasonable to do away with
paper singles and returns completely.

Neil

There is also one at Victoria, just outside the gates to enter the
District/Circle Line platforms.

When did these appear? I was moaning about this only a couple of weeks
ago (although I'm sure my moan had absolutely nothing to do with it!). I
hope they install them at Heathrow - I passed through T123 last week but
didn't notice them there (I was tired so I might not have been
particularly observant!).

Dave

I think the one at Victoria appeared since Last September, and possibly as
late as December.
--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com
www.christianphansen.com or chrishansenhome.livejournal.co