Old January 25th 07, 04:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default How come the entire system collapsed this morning?

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 05:04:37 GMT, Olof Lagerkvist
wrote:

Tristán White wrote:

I am glad someone has mentioned the weather at last, and the chaos it
caused this morning, particularly on South Eastern. At London Bridge
where I unfortunately spent some considerable time, not only did the
indicator system go completely haywire, at least a dozen trains were
cancelled without a single word of advice or apology.

A complete shambles - we can only pray for global warming if this was
the best they could do!

No, the tracks bend out of shape when it's too warm :-)

How about making a Travel News forecast:
Summer: Severe delays. Speed restrictions due to hot weather.
Autumn: Severe delays due to rain causing flooding and landslips.

Autumn: Severe delays due to leaves on the line.

Winter: Severe delays due to snow on the rails causing braking problems.
Spring: Good service?

Spring: see your Autumn.

January brings the snow
Makes your feet and fingers glow