Old January 25th 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave A Dave A is offline

Default W/E Tube Closure and route planning

James Farrar wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:01:17 -0000, "Raymond Kirk"
wrote:

I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

With no trains along the south side of the Circle, Green Park is the
only sensible route that I can see. I don't think any of the buses
from Alperton [1] particularly help.

[1] http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...erton-2008.pdf

If the person can stray from Alperton, then there are nearby alternatives.

One is Central line to Oxford Circus and change to Victoria there
(although the interchange isn't much better than Green Park).

A slower route but with good interchange would be Stonebridge Park to
Oxford Circus on the Bakerloo, then change across the platform to the
Victoria. (NB that Bakerloo southbound services start at Stonebridge
Park this weekend because of engineering work.)

If Alperton is much closer than either the Central or Bakerloo lines,
then I would just go for the Piccadilly; Green Park may be an awkward
interchange but you probably won't save enough time on other routes to
make up for it there.

--
Dave Arquati