Old January 25th 07, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default W/E Tube Closure and route planning

I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

I normally take pic line to ears court. Then district or circle to victoria
and victoria line to Brixton.

Now the interchange at Green Park is very very long, between pic and vic
lines.
Anyone know of a better way/ quicker way?

Cheers

Old January 25th 07, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

The Circle from Earl's Court? I'd change at South Kensington so you can
indeed get a circle line as well, so you'll have a quicker interchange.
Someone told me you can actually change to/from the Picc. at Green Park
via the ticket hall, which is supposed to be faster. I've never
actually tried that though, and I dread and avoid that walk as much as
possible.

Old January 25th 07, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Raymond Kirk wrote:
I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

I normally take pic line to ears court. Then district or circle to
victoria and victoria line to Brixton.

Now the interchange at Green Park is very very long, between pic
and vic lines.
Anyone know of a better way/ quicker way?

The Picc-Vic interchange at Green Park is long, but I doubt if it takes
more time than making two changes, both involving steps and escalators.

I've never timed it but I think that taking the escalator up to the
ticket hall level at Green Park, then the other escalator down to the
Victoria line platforms is supposed to be quicker, especially if you're
at the rear of the Picc train.
--
Richard J.

Old January 25th 07, 01:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Jan 25, 11:02 am, "Richard J." wrote:
Raymond Kirk wrote:
I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

I normally take pic line to ears court. Then district or circle to
victoria and victoria line to Brixton.

Now the interchange at Green Park is very very long, between pic
and vic lines.
Anyone know of a better way/ quicker way?The Picc-Vic interchange at Green Park is long, but I doubt if it takes

more time than making two changes, both involving steps and escalators.

I've never timed it but I think that taking the escalator up to the
ticket hall level at Green Park, then the other escalator down to the
Victoria line platforms is supposed to be quicker, especially if you're
at the rear of the Picc train.
--
Richard J.

Couldn't you change at Baron's Court. You will know if you have just
overtaken a District line train for Victoria.

Kevin

Old January 25th 07, 03:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kev wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:02 am, "Richard J."
wrote:
Raymond Kirk wrote:
I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

I normally take pic line to ears court. Then district or circle to
victoria and victoria line to Brixton.

Now the interchange at Green Park is very very long, between pic
and vic lines.
Anyone know of a better way/ quicker way?The Picc-Vic interchange
at Green Park is long, but I doubt if it takes

more time than making two changes, both involving steps and
escalators.

I've never timed it but I think that taking the escalator up to the
ticket hall level at Green Park, then the other escalator down to
the Victoria line platforms is supposed to be quicker, especially
if you're at the rear of the Picc train.

Couldn't you change at Baron's Court. You will know if you have just
overtaken a District line train for Victoria.

It's an easy change there (cross-platform), but doesn't necessarily
result in a faster journey. The District trains quite often get held up
approaching Earl's Court or in the platform at Earl's Court or at the
junction before Gloucester Road. If you're willing to try the District
line route, the best place to change is South Kensington, as there are
twice as many District/Circle trains there compared to Barons Court, and
you'll miss out one stop (West Kensington) and the District delays
around Earl's Court.
--
Richard J.

Old January 25th 07, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:01:17 -0000, "Raymond Kirk"
wrote:

I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

With no trains along the south side of the Circle, Green Park is the
only sensible route that I can see. I don't think any of the buses
from Alperton [1] particularly help.

[1] http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...erton-2008.pdf
Old January 25th 07, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I need to go from Alperton to Brixton.

With no trains along the south side of the Circle, Green Park is the
only sensible route that I can see. I don't think any of the buses
from Alperton [1] particularly help.

[1] http://www.tfl.gov.uk/buses/spiders/...erton-2008.pdf

If the person can stray from Alperton, then there are nearby alternatives.

One is Central line to Oxford Circus and change to Victoria there
(although the interchange isn't much better than Green Park).

A slower route but with good interchange would be Stonebridge Park to
Oxford Circus on the Bakerloo, then change across the platform to the
Victoria. (NB that Bakerloo southbound services start at Stonebridge
Park this weekend because of engineering work.)

If Alperton is much closer than either the Central or Bakerloo lines,
then I would just go for the Piccadilly; Green Park may be an awkward
interchange but you probably won't save enough time on other routes to
make up for it there.

--
Dave Arquati
Old January 26th 07, 06:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kev Kev is offline

On Jan 25, 4:02 pm, "Richard J." wrote:

Couldn't you change at Baron's Court. You will know if you have just
overtaken a District line train for Victoria.It's an easy change there (cross-platform), but doesn't necessarily

result in a faster journey. The District trains quite often get held up
approaching Earl's Court or in the platform at Earl's Court or at the
junction before Gloucester Road. If you're willing to try the District
line route, the best place to change is South Kensington, as there are
twice as many District/Circle trains there compared to Barons Court, and
you'll miss out one stop (West Kensington) and the District delays
around Earl's Court.
--
Richard J.
(to e-mail me, swap uk and yon in address)- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

The only point I'm making is that if you get to Baron's Court and just
overtaken a DL train that you might as well get on it rather than take
pot luck and the bother with the escalators at South Ken. Sods law you
will wait several minutes becasue of a gap in the service, there again
if you are lucky one might just turn up. Either way you haven't lost
out.
Same as changing from Met to Jubilee at Finchley Rd or take pot luck at
Baker St.

Kevin