Old January 26th 07, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
cyril sneer cyril sneer is offline

Default Strange TfL Travel News at midday

It does seem strange, but considering the service we had at Amersham
all last week I would think the report is slightly optimistic!

Consider that on the Met line, trains run Amersham and Watford to Baker
Street, and Uxbridge to Aldgate through the day, it is possible that a
good service can be maintained, with trains turning at Harrow and Baker
Street, to maintain the service at the 3 ends of the line. Quite often
trains are turned short of destination, to keep the gaps filled in key
areas. Usually this means more trains are kept in London than out in
the country, but given the delays we've experienced lately we should be
grateful for any trains anywhere!