Old October 17th 03, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Cooper Nick Cooper is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush on the Central Line - another platform?

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:46:34 +0100, "Gerard McGovern"
wrote:

For the first time ever I entered the Central Line at Shepherd's Bush. Just
before I went down the last set of stairs to the platform, I saw a closed
exit and what looked like a tunnel going across a set of tracks.

As I got down to the eastbound platform, I could see thru the metal grating
what looked like another platform/tunnel but about 6/ feet higher than the
platform I was on. Could see power cables etc.

Any idea what this is?

I would hazard a guess that they're the old lift landings. SB/C had
two extra electro-hydraulic lifts added at the rear of the ticket hall
a couple of years after the station first opened.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk