Old January 26th 07, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default Strange TfL Travel News at midday

wrote on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 -
It does seem strange, but considering the service we had at Amersham
all last week I would think the report is slightly optimistic!

How accurate are these travel alerts for all of the Met line? BBC
London radio was saying the Met was closed Rickmansworth to Amersham on
one day last week, but the Internet just said delays. I caught a train
from Amersham and while going through Chorleywood listened to BBC London
radio who told me the line was still closed?

Today I received an email alert saying the Met was suspended Harrow to
Watford and Amersham, yet the TFL web site said OK and I caught a
Chiltern service home and did not notice any problems with met trains?

Are the far outposts of Amersham and Watford too far for the TFL
information machine to keep up to date with?

--
Matthew P Jones
www.ThisIsAmersham.com www.amersham.org.uk www.metroland.org.uk