Old January 29th 07, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default Shoreditch Rail Replacement Buses

On Just as an observation, I was surprised to see just how heavily
loaded
the Rail Replacement buses were between Whitechapel and Shoreditch. When
the service was introduce, I expected most of Shoreditch's users to
simply walk from Whitechapel rather than faff about changing and then
possibly having a traffic-bound journey to Shoreditch. This may indeed
be so in peak hours but certainly yesterday the service was being very
well-used by visitors to the Market.
--

Also of note is that the Oyster PAYG "fare" on this service is 0p.
(Probably the only way to implement PAYG on rail replacement