Old January 29th 07, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Shoreditch Rail Replacement Buses

I was working in Whitechapel yesterday morning.

Just as an observation, I was surprised to see just how heavily loaded
the Rail Replacement buses were between Whitechapel and Shoreditch. When
the service was introduce, I expected most of Shoreditch's users to
simply walk from Whitechapel rather than faff about changing and then
possibly having a traffic-bound journey to Shoreditch. This may indeed
be so in peak hours but certainly yesterday the service was being very
well-used by visitors to the Market.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old January 29th 07, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Just as an observation, I was surprised to see just how heavily
loaded
the Rail Replacement buses were between Whitechapel and Shoreditch. When
the service was introduce, I expected most of Shoreditch's users to
simply walk from Whitechapel rather than faff about changing and then
possibly having a traffic-bound journey to Shoreditch. This may indeed
be so in peak hours but certainly yesterday the service was being very
well-used by visitors to the Market.
--

Also of note is that the Oyster PAYG "fare" on this service is 0p.
(Probably the only way to implement PAYG on rail replacement

Old January 29th 07, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Matthew Dickinson wrote:

On Just as an observation, I was surprised to see just how heavily
loaded

the Rail Replacement buses were between Whitechapel and Shoreditch. When
the service was introduce, I expected most of Shoreditch's users to
simply walk from Whitechapel rather than faff about changing and then
possibly having a traffic-bound journey to Shoreditch. This may indeed
be so in peak hours but certainly yesterday the service was being very
well-used by visitors to the Market.
--

Also of note is that the Oyster PAYG "fare" on this service is 0p.
(Probably the only way to implement PAYG on rail replacement
services.)

Oh, that was interesting news. You are probably right there, it should
really have been charged as a tube journey but it might have been
difficult for Oyster to treat this as both a tube touch-in and touch-out
at the same time when validating a PAYG card on the bus... or some
similar problem.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451