Old January 31st 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Changing at Camden Town

Walter Briscoe typed

I recently was on a southbound Northern Line train which was going on
the Charing Cross branch while I wanted to go to Moorgate.
I got off at Camden Town and changed platforms. 20:20 hindsight
suggested I would have been better to wait on my original platform.

Has anybody got a suggestion on the best logic for this?

Purely empirical:
Distrust dot matrix boards until 2 stops short of Camden Town.
When 2 stops short of CT, stick head out of train.
If desired train is indicated within 2-3 minutes, change trains here as
you might get a seat and avoid the crush.
If no desired train indicated for 3 mins, proceed to CT and head for
board between platforms.

If the fare is capped, a change from Euston to Euston Square might be
sensible. The change between the two branches at Euston is not to be
attempted more than once.

Never tried that; emerging at Euston is a longish trek, which I wouldn't
recommend anyway.

Warren Street is closer to Euston Square than Euston IIRC, but I don't
know if interchanging this way is permitted on Oyster PAYG.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.