Old February 5th 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristán White Tristán White is offline

Default Where's this?

Andrew wrote in :

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:11:54 -0600, "Tristán White"
wrote:

http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to
know for sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what
film it is from that.

TCR at least 10 years ago did not look like that at all. The mosaic
tiles have been there since the 80s and I have no recollection of the
connecting corridors looking like that.

I'm happy to run with the Aldwych option as suggested by others. By
way of possible alternatives the only other places it might are
Warren St (which was my immediate thought) off the n/b Northern Line
or possibly Goodge St / Mornington Crescent but I'm not completely
certain about the lower level corridors at those stations.

It is Aldwych. The film is called Death Line, and the couple seen in
the picture lived near Russell Square I think. There are a few scenes
of trains going in and out of platforms. The platforms in question
are quite curved I think, and the platforms at Tottenham Court Road
are straight. It was made in 1972, so a lot more than ten years ago

Wow thank you - I'll buy you a pint if there's ever a UTL meet-up one day.

In the meantime, here's a virtual one!

_oS88b
| | 9p
\| |