Old February 4th 07, 10:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Where's this?

http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to know for
sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what film it is from
that.

Old February 5th 07, 01:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 4, 11:11 pm, "Tristán White"
wrote:
http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to know for
sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what film it is from
that.

If it's a film, it's almost bound to be Aldwych.

Old February 5th 07, 07:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . 145,
Tristán White writes

think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

AS MIG suggests, it is Aldwych. This staircase, I should think:

http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/s.../index13.shtml

--
Paul Terry
Old February 5th 07, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:11:54 -0600, "Tristán White"
wrote:

http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to know for
sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what film it is from
that.

TCR at least 10 years ago did not look like that at all. The mosaic
tiles have been there since the 80s and I have no recollection of the
connecting corridors looking like that.

I'm happy to run with the Aldwych option as suggested by others. By way
of possible alternatives the only other places it might are Warren St
(which was my immediate thought) off the n/b Northern Line or possibly
Goodge St / Mornington Crescent but I'm not completely certain about the
lower level corridors at those stations.
--
Paul C

Old February 5th 07, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to know for
sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what film it is from
that.

TCR at least 10 years ago did not look like that at all. The mosaic
tiles have been there since the 80s and I have no recollection of the
connecting corridors looking like that.

I'm happy to run with the Aldwych option as suggested by others. By way
of possible alternatives the only other places it might are Warren St
(which was my immediate thought) off the n/b Northern Line or possibly
Goodge St / Mornington Crescent but I'm not completely certain about the
lower level corridors at those stations.

It is Aldwych. The film is called Death Line, and the couple seen in
the picture lived near Russell Square I think. There are a few scenes
of trains going in and out of platforms. The platforms in question are
quite curved I think, and the platforms at Tottenham Court Road are
straight. It was made in 1972, so a lot more than ten years ago .....

Andrew

Old February 5th 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Wow thank you - I'll buy you a pint if there's ever a UTL meet-up one day.

In the meantime, here's a virtual one!

_oS88b
| | 9p
\| |
|___|
Old February 7th 07, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to know for
sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what film it is from
that.

Tottenham court road station was featured in American werewolf in London.
Though I can't discern if that scene is from that film?

Old February 12th 07, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nightmare" wrote in
:

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
http://snipurl.com/19cg2

I think it's Tottenham Court Road, at least ten years ago.

It's for a quiz I'm doing - guess the film. All I really want to know
for sure is whether or not it's TCR - I'll then work out what film it
is from that.

Tottenham court road station was featured in American werewolf in
London. Though I can't discern if that scene is from that film?

Thanks - it was "Death Line" :-)

Tristán