Old February 24th 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Waltham Cross

John Rowland wrote:
steve wrote:
It's the new printing plant for News International. I drive past it
every day... I'm suprised a Travelodge is upmarket enough for their
visitors...

I believe the The Travelodge is on the former Little Chef site, and is
presumably an unrelated project.

Actually, the site entrance goes through the old Little Chef site, the
Travelodge is about 60 metres north of that.

I was looking at it from Gilwell Park last Sunday, it truly is vast.

(And yes, it is greenbelt. But it once was put forward as a huge
shopping mall, and also as a site for travellers - and what Murdoch
wants, Murdoch gets - as a rule).

How can they do that? If the green belt can be built on, in what sense does
it exist at all?

As something that can be overridden by the government if they want...