Old February 27th 07, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default North London Line

Graham J wrote:

Drifting off from the original subject. I am always amused when I hear the
whining and complaining at East Croydon about supposedly crowded trains in
the morning peaks. Yes they can be extremely crowded but they are as
nothing compared to those I used to encounter in the peaks from Edmonton
Green. They'd have been regarded as half empty there :-)

Commuting from Edmonton Green is somewhat more bearable now there are 6
trains an hour during the peak (though it annoys the good folk of
Southbury, Turkey Street and Theobalds Grove no end that their
semi-fasts, which are all of five minutes quicker than the stoppers, now
stop everywhere!) between Edmonton Green and Liverpool Street.

Angel Road, however, now only gets a handful of trains in the
peaks...and those go to Stratford. Can you say, "Closure by stealth"?

Madness when you consider that Angel Road is virtually opposite Ikea and
Tesco Extra! (Though the access to the station is now from a road
overbridge a short distance off the *country* end of the platforms,
rather than the London end, thanks to the widening of the A406).

Cheers,

Barry