Old October 19th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Northern Line

J. Public wrote:
Hi All.

Just wondering if there was any reason why everyone's saying the
Northern Line's suspended at the moment between Charing Cross and
Hampstead, and Kings X and East Finchley. Does anyone else think it
suggests trains don't run from Charing X to the Barnet branch, and
the other way round.

Only a small point, but it just sounded a bit odd to me.

Perhaps they're going to split the Northern Line in two!

The Northern Line is split into more than two parts at present, owing to the
derailment at Camden Town. Typically, the LU/TfL buletin is less than
clear, as you noted, but does include the following clarification:

"Shuttle trains are currently operating between Edgware-Hampstead, High
Barnet-East Finchley, Mill Hill East-Finchley Central, Moorgate -Morden and
Charing Cross-Morden. There are no other Northern Line services operating at
the moment."
--
Richard J.