Old February 28th 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default London Transport museum

John Rowland wrote in message
:

Tom Anderson wrote:

I have at no point advocated renaming anything - i was merely
pointing out that for some people, the Empire was a Very Bad Thing,
and thus that celebrating it is a bit of a slap in the face to them.

I don't see how the title of a museum about war and weapons could
avoid upsetting anyone.

Well, i wouldn't rename anything (well, i would, but not because of
this - having two stations called Edgware Road is intolerable, for
example).

Since there are three huge roads called Edgware Road in London, and
none of them is actually in Edgware, having even one station called
Edgware Road is intolerable!

So you'd advocate renaming Oxford Street, York Way/Road and Liverpool Street
as well, would you?

I do agree that on the ground of cpnfusion, there should only be one station
with each name: Edgware Road, Shepherd's Bush and Hammersmith are candidates
for this rationalisation.