Old March 5th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
elyob elyob is offline

Default Woo Woo!

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"elyob" wrote in message
Any idea why, over the last few days, the trains have been blowing their
horns a lot more? I've lived near Surbiton Station for a few years, but
have no idea why I've noticed this. At times it sounds like there's a
train sat at the station just blowing its horn!

Is it a general rule to blow your horn at every station or just Surbiton?

Hasn't there been a lot of weekend track maintenance work in the area
recently? If the driver sights workers in the distance he has to give them
a warning...

They have been doing weekend work, yes. I just presumed they'd do all the
work on the weekend, then come back the next weekend. Could be that there is
a team doing stuff down the track a little bit. It's quiter now, so they'll
have clocked off. It does start early in the morning too.

Thanks