Old March 9th 07, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Letchworth where ?

In article ,
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:
On the Northbound Great Northern Electric out of Moorgate we always had
trains to Welwyn Garden City, Letchworth and Hertford North.

Then all of a sudden we started getting trains to Letchworth Garden
City. Where is this idyllic home of the Gods ? :-)

Tis true, hard to believe as it may be, Letchworth's Garden City title
is older than Welwyn's - when I lived in the area it always claimed to
have been the first one in the world.

Google can probably tell you far more than the little I ever knew ...

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/blosxom ... So express yourself