Old March 12th 07, 06:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default Dot Matrix Displays at Turnpike Lane

The same happended at Bow Road, where 1960s 'black glass' displays
were replaced by all-singing all-dancing dot matrix boards under
Metronet's overrunning refurb. Not only does the EB sign still only
light up when a train leaves Whitechapel (just as the old one did) but
the WB sign actually gives *less* warning than its predecessor (they
were briefly operating in tandem). Also it's sited further to the east
and thus is no longer visible from much of the platform, and the
lettering size is smaller than that it replaced! Yet these signs were
touted as one of the alleged improvements on the Metronet roadshow
bus. When I asked if greater warning of trains would be given I was
told signalling was outside the project's remit (which of course it
is).