Old March 12th 07, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sonic Sonic is offline

Default Slightly OT - free news servers

"Andrea" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm due to switch ISP soon (to Sky Broadband, who I don't think have
news servers), and so would appreciate any guidance as to any other
free news servers online (which I can use with Outlook Express). I
used to use news.cis.dfn.de/news.individual.net, but I think they
charge an annual fee now.

I don't really want to use the Google Groups interface to read
messages from this group.

This is an excellent free nntp server:

http://news.aioe.org/

Limitations being:
No binaries
Cross posting limited to 3 groups
post retention can be restrictive but variable too, inasmuch some
groups posts at times will be no longer than 28 days whereas
some go back months with tens of thousands?
Try it, it's free and easy to set up.