Old March 15th 07, 10:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Spyke Spyke is offline

Default Mobile phone coverage on the Waterloo and City line

Mizter T wrote:
[crossposted to uk.railway - though I'll probably regret doing so!]
[originally posted to uk.transport.london]

Just to clarify - coverage will only extend to the W&C platforms at
Waterloo and Bank, there won't be coverage when the train is in the
tunnel - i.e. when passengers are on a train that isn't in a station.

Are you sure? The press release states:
"Coverage will also extend to tunnels between the two stations. This
means that passengers will be able to use their mobile phone and other
handheld devices while travelling on the Waterloo & City line."

Can we have quiet coaches on the W&C please (preferably 3 out of the
4)?! The line is unpleasant enough in the morning rush hour as it is,
with everyone wedged in like sardines. Last thing you need is someone
shouting 'YEAH, I'M ON THE TUBE!' in your ear.