Old March 20th 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Beck map 75th anniversary next year

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:11:16 -0000, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Does anyone know if TfL are planning to commemorate it in any way?

I have heard nothing from within TfL but I would imagine that the Museum
almost certainly would do something. The chap who has written the
various books on the Beck Map and Metro Maps works at the Museum IIRC.

Apart
from Ken Livingstone declaring it to be world famous London icon, and then
banning it.

Cynical! I really don't think the tube map will ever be removed. The
outcry would be far too great. The bigger challenge is to keep it
effective as things like Overground get added on together with an
expanded DLR network.
--
Paul C