Old March 22nd 07, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default BBC Heritage Routemaster Article

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:18:28 +0000, Ian Jelf
wrote:

I must confess that I'm surprised by what seems to be an attitude that,
if someone can't have or do something, then no-one should be able to.
Anyone wanting to catch a 9 or 15 and using a wheelchair can do so on a
conventional bus.

I was surprised to read the piece as well, part;y because (like others
in the thread) I can't imagine that if the heritage routes were
withdrawn they'd be replaced by extra low-floor buses, partly because
in my experience wheelchair users on London buses are rare (that's not
to decry the importance of catering for them) so there really isn't an
issue of insufficient capacity for wheelchair users on these routes.

Martin