Old May 16th 07, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Michael Bell Michael Bell is offline

Default Don't have coffee before riding the L.A. Metro Gold Line.

In message
Mojo wrote:

In London, as far as I know, there are only two Undergound stations in
the central area with what we call a toilet (bathrooms in the UK are
where you have a bath or shower), and those are Baker Street and
Farringdon.

I'm sure I've seen toilets at Canary Wharf (Jubilee Line) too. Down the
escalators from the main entrance and on the left. I'm sure I saw them
there a few years ago, though they may be staff only or they may now be
closed after a certain incident, though I've never checked since - the
toilets in the adjacent shopping areas are probably nicer.

There's a general shortage of public toilets in this country. Local
authorities don't want the bother, hassle and with the gays, the legal
entanglements. And probably they really can't get the staff. There are
honest reasons for not having toilets underground: underground space
is very expensive and the stuff has to be pumped UP.

Michael Bell