Old May 19th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Don't have coffee before riding the L.A. Metro Gold Line.

On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:52:36 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

It is my understanding that in Germany, at least in some places, pubs and
restaurants get a subsidy from the local authority to make their toilet
available to the general public. Or maybe it was part of their planning
consent or something. Can't remember.

It is notable that, in the Netherlands, most establishments have a
sign up stating that the toilets are available to the public on
payment of EUR 0.50. This contrasts somewhat to the UK when they are
normally signed as being for customers only.

I have wondered if one could actually make a profitable enterprise out
of providing good-quality public toilet facilities at a slightly
higher price than the standard 20p. There are examples elsewhere -
the "McClean" chain in Germany being a good one, albeit mostly found
in stations.

Neil

--
Neil Williams