Old May 29th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Londoncityslicker Londoncityslicker is offline

Default ELL extension - Hoxton/Haggerstown.

On 22 May, 16:16, David F wrote:
Gents,

I live relatively close to the new planned Hoxton & Haggerstown
stations on the ELL (or is it ELR, now?).

I was wondering if there would be any new bus routes planned to
augment the trains?

I've searched everywhere I could think of, but no luck. It seems to be
easy to find changes to rail lines as it's all very high profile - but
finding changes to bus routes is much harder!

Thanks,
D.

Well quite possibly there will be bus route reductions.
As the ELR will take some of that bus traffic away.
Most likely for the axe would be services along Kingland Road from
Dalston into The City.
At least frequency reductions or route shortenning if not completely
cut.
Wouldn't think anything will be decided until it's fully operational
though.

Remember the ELR is only a Metro service not a tube service.
So it's meant to run every 15-20 minutes. So bus services may well
remain if the frequencies are poor.

Just like along the routes on the DLR.
Despite a massive amount of people living and working in the Docklands
area (and growing)
Bus improvements have been minor.
Official response is that the DLR and Jubilee take the strain.
Despite not bringing people closer to their door and costing £3.00 for
a single ticket!!!

A.