Old May 22nd 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default ELL extension - Hoxton/Haggerstown.

Gents,

I live relatively close to the new planned Hoxton & Haggerstown
stations on the ELL (or is it ELR, now?).

I was wondering if there would be any new bus routes planned to
augment the trains?

I've searched everywhere I could think of, but no luck. It seems to be
easy to find changes to rail lines as it's all very high profile - but
finding changes to bus routes is much harder!

Thanks,
D.

Old May 22nd 07, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David F wrote:
Gents,

I live relatively close to the new planned Hoxton & Haggerstown
stations on the ELL (or is it ELR, now?).

I was wondering if there would be any new bus routes planned to
augment the trains?

Possibly...But as it's not due to open until June 2010 (with the
extension to Highbury & Islington in February 2011), I wouldn't have
thought TfL would be thinking that far ahead, though I stand for correction.

Cheers,

Barry
Old May 23rd 07, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 23 May 2007 00:12:54 +0100, Barry Salter
wrote:

David F wrote:
Gents,

I live relatively close to the new planned Hoxton & Haggerstown
stations on the ELL (or is it ELR, now?).

I was wondering if there would be any new bus routes planned to
augment the trains?

Possibly...But as it's not due to open until June 2010 (with the
extension to Highbury & Islington in February 2011), I wouldn't have
thought TfL would be thinking that far ahead, though I stand for correction.

I would agree with these comments. TfL may be thinking in outline terms
about the bus network implications but there will be no detail. While
the East London Line extension provides some capacity alongside busy
route corridors (e.g Kingsland Road into the City) I would be surprised
if there were cutbacks to these services as they provide important
capacity to the north and south of the duplicated section.

At a complete guess there may be some adjustments to routes like the 394
and 236 to better link in to the line. Other routes will be diverted
into the bus station planned for Dalston Junction but possibly not all
routes in the area due to the impact on running times. You may also get
some new local midibus services to provide connecting routes although I
am struggling a bit to see what extra services could be squashed in as
the network in Hackney is, by virtue of no tube network, pretty
comprehensive.

I would expect consultation to start in mid - late 2008 or so for any
bus changes related to the ELLX. TfL do tend to publish their
consultation papers on their website so keep an eye out.
--
Paul C

Old May 24th 07, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 23 May, 11:41, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2007 00:12:54 +0100, Barry Salter

I would expect consultation to start in mid - late 2008 or so for any
bus changes related to the ELLX. TfL do tend to publish their
consultation papers on their website so keep an eye out.

Thanks Paul - really useful information, as always. Much appreciated.

David.

Old May 29th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 22 May, 16:16, David F wrote:
Gents,

I live relatively close to the new planned Hoxton & Haggerstown
stations on the ELL (or is it ELR, now?).

I was wondering if there would be any new bus routes planned to
augment the trains?

I've searched everywhere I could think of, but no luck. It seems to be
easy to find changes to rail lines as it's all very high profile - but
finding changes to bus routes is much harder!

Thanks,
D.

Well quite possibly there will be bus route reductions.
As the ELR will take some of that bus traffic away.
Most likely for the axe would be services along Kingland Road from
Dalston into The City.
At least frequency reductions or route shortenning if not completely
cut.
Wouldn't think anything will be decided until it's fully operational
though.

Remember the ELR is only a Metro service not a tube service.
So it's meant to run every 15-20 minutes. So bus services may well
remain if the frequencies are poor.

Just like along the routes on the DLR.
Despite a massive amount of people living and working in the Docklands
area (and growing)
Bus improvements have been minor.
Official response is that the DLR and Jubilee take the strain.
Despite not bringing people closer to their door and costing £3.00 for
a single ticket!!!

A.

Old May 29th 07, 03:27 PM
Junior Member

Location: East End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncityslicker
Remember the ELR is only a Metro service not a tube service.
So it's meant to run every 15-20 minutes. So bus services may well
remain if the frequencies are poor.
According to TfL's website there will be 12 trains an hour through the Dalston Junction - Surrey Quays section going up to 16 when the South London Line joins it. That's more like a train every 5-6 minutes than 15 - 20.
Old May 30th 07, 12:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29 May, 16:27, Paula wrote:
LondoncityslickerWrote:

Remember the ELR is only a Metro service not a tube service.
So it's meant to run every 15-20 minutes. So bus services may well
remain if the frequencies are poor.

According to TfL's website there will be 12 trains an hour through the
Dalston Junction - Surrey Quays section going up to 16 when the South
London Line joins it. That's more like a train every 5-6 minutes than
15 - 20.

--
Paula

16 an hour is nearly one every 3/4 minutes.
Making it one of the most frequent rail services in London.

It's currently every 5 minutes or so in the peak.
Are passenger numbers really going to be that high to justify so many
trains running.
Obviously extended it will get more travellers and also in time
generate more travellers
as homes and businesses move closer to the line.

Beyond the peak the current East London line doesn't have that much
traffic.
For instance you can gurantee a seat at 3pm on a weekday. Not true of
other lines. (Jubilee for example)

If the frequencies are true then thats great. But I doubt the promise
will be a reality.

Old May 30th 07, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 30, 1:29 pm, Londoncityslicker
wrote:
Are passenger numbers really going to be that high to justify so many
trains running.

Ken has pledged 4 tph as a minimum service level at every station,
which with three branches merging means you inevitably end up with 12
tph through Surrey Quays whether the demand's there or not.