Old June 7th 07, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Does anyone know where Ranelagh Bridge is?

wrote:
Is there an online street map that shows all
the banned turns in Central London?

No, the AA used to include them in the back of their national road
atlas until about 5/6 years ago. Neither of my London atlases (A-Z and
Collins) shows them.

Philip's EasyRead London shows banned and forced turns in the central area.
There are numerous errors.

To look at the average atlas you would think you could simply turn
right at the end of the Westway to join the N-S free route, and vice
versa!

Philip's doesn't really help much there!

I think maps and atlases should pretend that the Westway is a tunnel. It is
impossible to show any of the roads in that area properly with Westway on
top of them.

Similarly, I recently found out that if you're heading west along Talgarth
Road, you can do a u-turn under the Hammersmith flyover and then turn left
into Shortlands, without going around the Hammersmith one-way system. I've
never seen that in a map, and my TomTom doesn't know it's there either.