Old June 8th 07, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Stratford - new DLR platforms

"Stephen Furley" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 8 Jun, 18:02, umpston wrote:

The Great Eastern Railway (later LNER) ran passenger services from
Fenchurch St. to Stratford via Bow Road for many years. The two bay
platforms were intended for this but never used since these trains
were axed in the late 1940s, and Bow Road station closed, before the
Stratford reconstruction was completed.

Stratford is the only station with more than two platforms I can think
of where the lowest (1) and highest (15) numbered platforms are next
to each other.

How about Edinburgh Waverley, where 1 and 20 are together?

Also, it must surely be the only station where four consecutivly
numbered platforms, 2-5, have four different elextrification systems,
at least for a few more days. Of course, it also had two other
systems in the past.

How are the new DLR platforms going to be numbered?

I would suggest 4A and 4B if I was a betting man, as the whole station
needs renumbering, but it would probably make sense to wait until all the
alterations to provide new NLL platforms and the new westbound Central line
platform are completed.

Paul S