Old June 17th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Luton airport - Central London (Bayswater)

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 12:30:50 GMT, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:58:16 +0100, John Hearns
wrote:

On arrival in London, buy some "PrePay Oyster Cards" (adult and two
child) at any Tube station. You will need to give a £3 deposit. The
Oyster Card saves a lot of money versus cash fares.

Sure does only one problem with Oyster if what he women who served me
at Euston concourse office told me is correct and that was you can
only get the three pounds back at the tube cash office and there is
ALWAYS a queue .
They are good value though I must have saved a packet a couple of
weeks ago when I bought mine put six pounds on it made a journey
Euston to waterloo and return , went one way by bus came back on the
tube so reckon I must have two journeys left .

All depends on how much *value* is left on the card - you might well be
able to make loads of journeys if you were to reach a daily cap.

Can anyone tell me the location of the bus stop back to Euston is in
relation to the Eurostar exit at Waterloo ? .

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...oquad-2290.pdf

Stop K.

Waterloo is a bit difficult as it's on so many levels. I don't think you
can get to York Road by following the short road that the taxis use to
pull up at the side road on the arrivals level at Waterloo. I don't
think there any pavements and the view is a bit blind for the taxis as
they turn off the roundabout. I wouldn't want to send you to your death!

The alternative is to go up to the main level station level and either
exit via the main entrance steps (opposite the Eurostar terminal) which
comes out by the roundabout by York Rd / Cab Rd and then walk under the
railway bridge and round the corner.

Otherwise find the lower level subway link that goes through to the bus
station where stop K is. It's ages since I've used it so I can't
remember where on the concourse you go to reach it. Maybe someone else
can help?!
--
Paul C