Old June 17th 07, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Luton airport - Central London (Bayswater)

Which is the cheapest way to get Bayswater from Luton aiport? We are an
adult and two 14 years old children.
Thank You.

Old June 17th 07, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Aglians wrote:
Which is the cheapest way to get Bayswater from Luton aiport? We are
adult and two 14 years old children.

Probably Easybus www.easybus.co.uk
Runs Luton Airport - Victoria Coach Station.
You could take the Circle Line Tube from there to Bayswater.
(Bit of a walk to the Tube station)

The GreenLine bus service stops at Baker Street Tube, so would be more
convenient. Tube or short bus journey to Bayswater from there.

On arrival in London, buy some "PrePay Oyster Cards" (adult and two
child) at any Tube station. You will need to give a £3 deposit. The
Oyster Card saves a lot of money versus cash fares.
Old June 17th 07, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Aglians
writes

Which is the cheapest way to get Bayswater from Luton aiport? We are an
adult and two 14 years old children.

Greenline coach 757 (same as Easybus) from the airport to Marble Arch
(timetable can be accessed from the Luton Airport website) and then a
bus (there are several routes) to Bayswater. But if you have luggage and
children, it might be worth getting a taxi from Marble Arch - its only a
short distance.
--
Paul Terry
Old June 17th 07, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:58:16 +0100, John Hearns
wrote:

Aglians wrote:
Which is the cheapest way to get Bayswater from Luton aiport? We are
adult and two 14 years old children.

Probably Easybus www.easybus.co.uk
Runs Luton Airport - Victoria Coach Station.
You could take the Circle Line Tube from there to Bayswater.
(Bit of a walk to the Tube station)

Easy Bus are withdrawing this service and replacing it with an
allocation of seats on the 757 Green Line. Some of the coaches have an
all over advert for Easybus as a result.

Easy Bus are running to Stansted instead.

The GreenLine bus service stops at Baker Street Tube, so would be more
convenient. Tube or short bus journey to Bayswater from there.

Number 27 bus from Baker St heads towards Bayswater.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...ebone-2010.pdf

the 757 stops at stop A, the 27 bus goes from stops E or Z. It would
be sensible to check to see if the 27 goes near to your hotel or if
another bus would be better.

The Green Line 757 also stops at Oxford St / Marble Arch (stops O or P
on the map below). This is a very convenient place to change to buses 94
and 390 (stop P) along the Bayswater Road.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...rchdr-2168.pdf

On arrival in London, buy some "PrePay Oyster Cards" (adult and two
child) at any Tube station. You will need to give a £3 deposit. The
Oyster Card saves a lot of money versus cash fares.

Assuming the OP and family are here for a while. The 14 year old
children may present a problem in terms of what fares they should pay
and how they get hold of an appropriate Oyster card to entitle them to
free or reduced rate travel. Having checked the leaflet the application
process takes two weeks for the 14-15 Oyster card so child rate One Day
travelcards at £1 per child assuming the adult has a full rate card seem
a more sensible option.

--
Paul C

Old June 17th 07, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Aglians wrote:

Having checked the leaflet the application
process takes two weeks for the 14-15 Oyster card so child rate One Day
travelcards at £1 per child assuming the adult has a full rate card seem
a more sensible option.

Thanks to all!
We will stay in London for 4 days for tourism, arriving on june 21st.
If I understand well, I can buy a (zone 1-2) travelcard for me and a
"special" £1 travelcard for each child traveling with me.
A one day travelcard for each day is the best buy?

Old June 17th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On arrival in London, buy some "PrePay Oyster Cards" (adult and two
child) at any Tube station. You will need to give a £3 deposit. The
Oyster Card saves a lot of money versus cash fares.

Sure does only one problem with Oyster if what he women who served me
at Euston concourse office told me is correct and that was you can
only get the three pounds back at the tube cash office and there is
ALWAYS a queue .
They are good value though I must have saved a packet a couple of
weeks ago when I bought mine put six pounds on it made a journey
Euston to waterloo and return , went one way by bus came back on the
tube so reckon I must have two journeys left .

All depends on how much *value* is left on the card - you might well be
able to make loads of journeys if you were to reach a daily cap.

Can anyone tell me the location of the bus stop back to Euston is in
relation to the Eurostar exit at Waterloo ? .

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...oquad-2290.pdf

Stop K.

Waterloo is a bit difficult as it's on so many levels. I don't think you
can get to York Road by following the short road that the taxis use to
pull up at the side road on the arrivals level at Waterloo. I don't
think there any pavements and the view is a bit blind for the taxis as
they turn off the roundabout. I wouldn't want to send you to your death!

The alternative is to go up to the main level station level and either
exit via the main entrance steps (opposite the Eurostar terminal) which
comes out by the roundabout by York Rd / Cab Rd and then walk under the
railway bridge and round the corner.

Otherwise find the lower level subway link that goes through to the bus
station where stop K is. It's ages since I've used it so I can't
remember where on the concourse you go to reach it. Maybe someone else
can help?!
--
Paul C