Old June 23rd 07, 09:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
ONscotland ONscotland is offline

Default Stagecoach win East Midlands franchise

On 22 Jun, 16:55, W14_Fishbourne wrote:
Interesting, that's two franchises now where warning has been given of
increases in off-peak fares has been (though it's not a commitment,
one way or the other).

You don't suppose that DfT was a bit p****d off with Stagecoach's
suddenly jacking up off-peak fares on SWT in one massive go.

I actually think the DfT was impressed by it. Aren't they all for
clawing back as much money as possible
from the railways? I think they liked that SWT had to gall to push up
fares they way they did.
And anyway, wasn't it the DfT who stipulated the fare increases
anyway? At least that's what FCC claim when they introduced time
restrictions.