Old June 30th 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Claphan Junction Disused platform 1

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message .com,
TheOneKEA writes

Is this platform planned to be brought into use by TfL as part of any
new Overground services to Clapham Junction?

I think it will when the East London Line Extension reaches Clapham
Junction. The likely scenario seems to be that London Overground services
running anticlockwise (i.e. on the ELLE) will use platform 2, while those
running clockwise (i.e. on the West London Line) will move across to
platform 1, thus offering cross-platform interchange.

That fits in with everything I've read. Its considered impossible to run a
reliable orbital service due to pathing and signalling constraints - a bit
like the circle line really...

Its interesting that the various proposals suggest that the trains running
on the existing West London Line will be considered part of the North London
Line, and those on the existing South London Line part of the East London
Line; I wondered at first if the TfL planners were a bit geographically
challenged, but it works if you consider getting on at CJ, platform 1 for
trains round to North London, and platform 2 for trains round to the East.

I think one issue if they manage to beef up the frequencies will be the fact
that other WLL services will still be using platforms 16 and 17, its a pity
all the services can't go from one part of the station, or can they?

Paul