Old July 4th 07, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Stephen Furley Stephen Furley is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On 4 Jul, 16:48, "Peter Masson" wrote:

Getting a 4-coach platform length at Willesden High level will be expensive,
but do-able. To get 8 coaches here, because of the junction with the City
Goods Line, the only place is on a bridge over the WCML. To build it you'd
probably need a lengthy closure of the WCML.

From the few pictures that I've seen of it, I think that's just about

where the original high-level station was. I don't know how long the
platforms were, but there were three of them. I believe that it was
replaced by the present platforms soon after the War.