Old July 5th 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Travel Centres/Bus info

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:26:11 +0100, stephen wrote:

I think I must be living in an alternative London.

Every bustop I use has a timetable for all the routes that stop there,

Not a timetable (i.e. something that tells you what times the buses
come), just a frequency guide (i.e. something that says useful things
like "every 2-15 minutes").

a diagram of the routes, and usually a spider map of the routes in the
area and a map of night buses.

But no actual street map showing what actual roads the bus travels
along (and where you can change to other bus routes, and where those
go).

Besides, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, this info is only
available *after* you've already reached the bus stop you're supposed
to be travelling from. What about when you're planning your journey?

And a variety of maps can be downloaded from the website.

The proper (quadrant) maps are now very difficult to find on the new
website. If I hadn't already known they existed and made a determined
effort (5+ minutes), I'd probably never have found them. And
apparently, even they are under threat and may get the chop soon.

(5 years ago, a poster version of them was displayed at every bus
stop, along with "you are here" arrow. How things have declined since
then.)