Old July 6th 07, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

"Mojo" wrote in message
. uk...
Doesn't SDO require the guard and driver to be able to get out onto the
platform, so having the front car off the platform may not be an
acceptable solution even if the signal could be moved.

I was under the impression that they were planning to get rid of guards on
the NLL. Although that wouldn't help the driver, might certaintly help.

I'm guessing rules on LU are different, as there's a station on the
Northern Line IIRC where the front set of doors are not opened.

I think the key thing is that new operations have to conform to current
rules. I think the end door stuff on the Northern line goes back quite a
while. Is the cab beyond the platform end, or is their one of those narrow
walkways for the driver, beyond the public area of the platform?