Old July 9th 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default HAINAULT LOOP

On Jul 8, 11:00 pm, "Recliner" wrote:
"Martyn Dawe" wrote in message

I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Presumably no trains go right round the loop without terminating? In
other words, you can't go directly from West Acton to West Acton via
Hainault without changing trains?

No, they still end at Woodford if they go that way.

However, all parts of the loop are covered sometimes by through
trains.

Even when it was a shuttle, every part of the loop was just about
covered by through trains, in that there was no station where trains
never went through.

There were (and still are) several trains either side of the rush
hours that went to/from Grange Hill via Woodford.

There was also the odd early train that started from Grange Hill
towards central London via Hainault (I can't remember if any did the
reverse).

And the shuttle took you through Grange Hill of course.