Old July 8th 07, 01:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default HAINAULT LOOP

I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Old July 8th 07, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 8, 2:35 am, Martyn Dawe wrote:
I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Yes, you did nearly always have to change at Hainault to complete the
loop. Now some trains continue to/from Woodford, presumably enough of
them to equal the frequency of the former shuttle.

Hainault to Woodford used to be the only section of ATO on the Central
Line.

Old July 8th 07, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 02:35:46 +0100, Martyn Dawe
wrote:

I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Yes you can - I was waiting for an Epping train at Woodford recently and
a train came out of the sidings bound for Ealing Broadway. This was
routed via Grange Hill and across Hainault and then as normal via the
Central Line to the West of London. A bit different to see an Ealing
train on the e/b platform at Woodford and the w/b platform showing
trains to West Ruislip.
--
Paul C

Old July 8th 07, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Yes you can - I was waiting for an Epping train at Woodford recently and
a train came out of the sidings bound for Ealing Broadway. This was
routed via Grange Hill and across Hainault and then as normal via the
Central Line to the West of London. A bit different to see an Ealing
train on the e/b platform at Woodford and the w/b platform showing
trains to West Ruislip.

Thanks I shall have to try it someday, I have only gone as far as
Wanstead having overslept on occasion, instead of changing for a
Epping train.

Old July 8th 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martyn Dawe" wrote in message
I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Presumably no trains go right round the loop without terminating? In
other words, you can't go directly from West Acton to West Acton via
Hainault without changing trains?

Old July 9th 07, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Jul 8, 11:00 pm, "Recliner" wrote:
"Martyn Dawe" wrote in message

I seem to remember from years ago you had to change at Hainault to
complete the loop, yesterday I was on a eastbound train which was
routed to Woodford via Hainault, does this mean you can go from
Woodford to west acton/ealing broaday via hainault ?

Presumably no trains go right round the loop without terminating? In
other words, you can't go directly from West Acton to West Acton via
Hainault without changing trains?

No, they still end at Woodford if they go that way.

However, all parts of the loop are covered sometimes by through
trains.

Even when it was a shuttle, every part of the loop was just about
covered by through trains, in that there was no station where trains
never went through.

There were (and still are) several trains either side of the rush
hours that went to/from Grange Hill via Woodford.

There was also the odd early train that started from Grange Hill
towards central London via Hainault (I can't remember if any did the
reverse).

And the shuttle took you through Grange Hill of course.