Old July 11th 07, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Lawrence Peter Lawrence is offline

Default North London Line goes 4-car in early 2011

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:08:46 +0100, asdf
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:00:54 GMT, Jack Taylor wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what signaling problems would affect the use
of SDO, such as not releasing the doors in the rear coach?

Sorry, I wasn't very clear on that, was I? Willesden Junction will only hold
three cars.

...in the eastbound direction. The westbound platform is long enough
for 4 cars.

Looking at the real station rather than Quail, the westbound platform
holds about 3.5 coaches (313 length) and then the front of the train
would be beyond the (down) signal. So lengthening the platform will
be necessary.

Incidentally it looks as though the eastbound platform was originally
about the same length, extending on to the DC line bridge, but has
since been shortened.

Which coaches were short enough that 4 of them would fit in here -
class 501 perhaps??
--
Peter Lawrence