Old July 23rd 07, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default HLOS - Thameslink rumours from Reuters

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

From the closure of Blackfriars terminal platforms for rebuilding on
the other side of the station Southeastern will have to run through
the Thameslink tunnel to a turn-back station north of London, but
DfT has still to decide where..
This will require dual voltage trains for the services - which are
likely to be the 377s mentioned - running in "plain vanilla livery"
for FCC and Southeastern... I've not heard any mention of ending the
Southern service to Watford although with these all being 4-car
diagrams releasing some of the sets with 375s (which have different
couplers) would enable a common 377 fleet to be available to
Southeastern/FCC. So it's quite a logical idea and one I'll ask
about.

I thought the point of the Southern 377s was to release the remaining
319s to FCC so they have the whole of that fleet?

I think the current buy of 377s is just a means of cascading the remaining
319s to strengthen existing FCC services - and will happen with or without
Thameslink...

Paul