Old July 30th 07, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default OT Paris Taxis

In article ,
(Helen Deborah Vecht) wrote:

Ian Jelf typed

If (and this sounds unlikely) the journey went outside the City
of Paris itself (ie outside the "75" departement, roughly
enclosed by the boulevard peripherique) then the meters don't
apply and the fare should be agreed first.

I would very much doubt if either Gare d'Austerlitz or Gare du Nord
were out of town; they're the rough equivalents of Euston and Victoria,
aren't they?

Thanks.

I always thought of Austerlitz as the Paris equivalent of Waterloo. I
remember after my first exchange visit to Paris asking why the railway
stations seemed to be named after defeats. :-)

You're right about Gare du Nord and Austerlitz being in the City of
Paris.

--
Colin Rosenstiel