Old August 20th 07, 10:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Olof Lagerkvist Olof Lagerkvist is offline

Default How are the bus stops at Lancaster Gate supposed to work?

Dave A wrote:

I'm reasonably familiar with Lancaster Gate and I've seen a 46 do
exactly what you describe (let passengers off into the middle of the
road at the bus stand). However, I'm certain they're not supposed to do
this. I've never used 46 to Lancaster Gate before but the Journey
Planner maps reckon that they are supposed to drop passengers off on
Westbourne Street (at the end of Clifton Place), and would therefore
then cross to the other side of the road, turn the corner and pull into
the bus stand.

However, that bus stop isn't on the spider maps (usually even
alighting-point-only stops are shown on spider maps) which is a bit odd.
And I'm sure I can't remember that stop being there, even though I must
have been past it dozens of times.

I used the "Contact Buses" form at TfL Buses website now. Not exactly to
complain, just asked them to explain how it is supposed to be around
there. Will be interesting to see if and how they respond.

--
Olof Lagerkvist
ICQ: 724451