Old October 30th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Brown Steve Brown is offline

Default Oyster card readers at Ealing broadway tube

Yes, I went through Ealing Broadway tonight and indeed the only Oyster
reader working is the one on the manual gate! Assuming they've had a faulty
batch of readers on the barriers, I can only wonder if anywhere else has the
same problem!? Anyone have an insight into this?

"Anteateruk" wrote in message
.. .

"Anteateruk" wrote in message
.. .

For about 3 weeks one of the oyster readers to get out of the station

has
been broken - it does nothing when you put your oyster card on it - last
week a handwritten note was added to it. During last week a second

reader
in the "out" direction broke. This week those 2 remain broken and 3 of

the
"in" ones are also broken. That means there's now only one "in" reader
working.

I wonder what has happened.. is it just Ealing that is being affected by
large scale reader failure or is it happening else where?

Ok.. now it's even worse. Only one Oyster reader in the whole station

works
and that's the one on the ticket gate.. brilliant!

--
Ant