Old September 24th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default Who cleans the foreshore?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:03:24 GMT, Richard J. wrote:

Steve wrote:
[17 quoted lines suppressed]

It may be easier, but it means that the rubbish stays on the foreshore
at Battersea until the next spring tide, then spends a couple of weeks
being washed back and forth by the tides until finally reaching
Greenwich, that is if it hasn't meanwhile been dumped on another
foreshore by another spring tide.

As it says they have 2 boats and 8 traps, so its not just grenwich. I'm
not sure what EA do above the Teddington boundary stone, I guess the weirs
help.

Grab a boat down the river some time, you will see them all the way down
the tidal section.

Steve