Old October 4th 07, 11:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Walthamstow Central update

I noticed the other day that the gateline has been adjusted and the
manual gate has now moved to the other end. The old ticket office
area (and former location of the manual gate) is now behind a much
widened hoarding so it looks like they are at the point of breaking
through from the subway.

The subway itself has progressed significantly and it's all tiled
and lit with railings fitted to the stairs up into the bus station.
There is also a lift from the subway to the bus station but no lifts
inside the tube station down to platform level or up to the "one"
platforms. I guess you can access the "one" platforms from the
street via ramps or otherwise level access if you get off at the bus
station.

Peering through the only small window from the existing ticket hall into
the subway it still looks as if you have to come up a short flight of
stairs from the subway to the ticket hall but that may be deceptive.
It'd also make a (slight) mockery of having a lift at the other end as
there won't be level access to the ticket hall. There also appears
to be a bigger ticket office and POM enclosure under construction at
the ticket hall end of the subway.

The last I heard was that the completion date was November this
year - not sure how late that makes the entire scheme but it must be
at least a year.
--
Paul C