Old October 4th 07, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default The Drain is s***

Olof Lagerkvist wrote:
Q wrote:

Yep Platform 7 is at the Bank end - its the left hand platform.
(Which we left from again this morning. I have never looked, but I
presume the other platforms at Bank are something like Central
line is 1&2, with the other end of the complex having 3,4,5&6 I'm
sure someone on here will know for certain. I only ever use the
Bank end of the complex and don't pay attention to platform
numbers normally.

Central Line platforms are 1 and 2, Northern Line are 3 (SB) and 4
(NB) and DLR platforms are 9 and 10 for departures and arrivals
respectively. 7 and 8 are Waterloo & City Line as you say and IIRC
5 and 6 are the Circle/District Line platforms at Monument Station.

I think you have the District and Central swapped. According to CULG (
www.davros.org/rail/culg ), the platforms at Bank/Monument are numbered
as follows:

1,2 District line (Monument)
3,4 Northern line
5,6 Central line
7,8 Waterloo & City line
9,10 DLR

By the way, Clive says that the W&C platforms at Waterloo are numbered
25 and 26, which continues the sequence of main-line platforms (1-19
SWT, 20-24 Eurostar), reflecting the former ownership of the W&C prior
to 1994 when it transferred from BR to LU.
--
Richard J.