Old October 18th 07, 11:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Waterloo - strange working

Neil Hitchens wrote:
Was waiting for the 16:12 to Basingstoke today and noticed a
delayed train to Hounslow - stopping at Nine Elms Junction, West
London Junction and Richmond then Hounslow.

As I am 'merely' a daily commuter on SW Trains I am puzzled - was
this a one off or something they didn't mean to show on the regular
departure board.

It certainly shouldn't have been shown like that because there is no
station at Nine Elms Junction (where the Eurostar route leaves the SWT
lines, between Vauxhall and Queenstown Road), nor at West London
Junction (where there is a connection to the West London Line, between
Queenstown Road and Clapham Junction).

The normal service to Hounslow via Richmond calls at all stations (and
in fact continues back to Waterloo via Chiswick, so it's actually
Waterloo to Waterloo).
--
Richard J.