Old October 22nd 07, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
verbena verbena is offline

Default Waterloo - strange working

On Oct 20, 9:07 pm, wrote:
In a similar vein, a couple of years ago the Brighton - Watford services
were advertised at Gatwick Airport as calling at "North Pole Junction" ( the
average punter would not know or care that this was to put up/down the
pantograph ) I presume this was yet another case of the "indicator software
programmer" having no knowledge of railway operating at "grass root's"
level."Neil Hitchens" wrote in message

news
Was waiting for the 16:12 to Basingstoke today and noticed a delayed train
to Hounslow - stopping at Nine Elms Junction, West London Junction and
Richmond then Hounslow.

As I am 'merely' a daily commuter on SW Trains I am puzzled - was this a
one off or something they didn't mean to show on the regular departure
board.

Thanks.

I was at Hampton Court yesterday and one of the platform indicators
was saying, "Stand back, the next train does not call at this
station." Which was strange as Hampton Court is a terminus.
Eventually the leaf clearing unit arrived, the crew changed ends and
it set off again. Surely that counts as the train "calling" at the
station. Especially as it was actually spraying the rails.

Neill