Old November 13th 07, 11:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Sir Benjamin Nunn Sir Benjamin Nunn is offline

Default The revised Tube Map on the BBC

"Offramp" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 12, 10:18 am, alex_t wrote:
It does look really good. I think that's the one we'll have by 2012;
it's friendlier looking and gives a better idea of where stations are
in relation to each other.

Eww! It looks like some weird spaghetti, definitely not a professional
look. Besides it does not solve the problem of overcrowding - imagine
it with DLR and Overground, and then we'll talk.

Oh, yeah. I hadn't noticed that there was no DLR... Not quite as good
as I thunk.

Very much a 'first draft' feel to this for me.

I like the idea of being more geographicly accurate where it matters (e.g.
where walking distance between stations makes it worthwhile to walk rather
than take a train and change, but they've missed a few tricks with lots of
stations that appear to be too far apart or close together:

Paddington and Lancaster gate

Euston/Square/Warren Street - totally unrepresentative of the actual
locations

Kenton / Northwich park

W & C line route - no intermediate stations on it I know, but it bugs me
nonetheless

And perhaps the most ludicrous of all: Bank/Monument/Cannon St/Mansion House

So, it doesn't really achieve what it (presumably) sets out to.

BTN